So! Who knows someone that got engaged over the holidays?? I feel like my facebook has been wall to wall with relationship change notifications the past couple weeks.
Just a few helpful tips for all of you newly engaged lovelies :-) Though honestly, this first little treat is hilarious regardless of your relationship status!
1. If you haven’t yet, go check out http://practicalryangosling.tumblr.com/. A Practical Wedding’s Emily Gutman has crafted these goodies that keep me laughing. 2. Take a hot second to just enjoy being engaged! Don’t rush the planning right off the bat.
3. Have a real chat with your fiance about what you both want your wedding to look like. Maybe it’s in a ballroom with a big band? Maybe it’s just the two of you under a big tree in the middle of nowhere? Whatever you’re dreaming of, talk through it together before you take any further steps!
4. Remember that the marriage is way more important than the wedding! Don’t let the small stuff with planning make you sweat.
5. Hire vendors you trust to do an amazing job. And then let them do it!
6. Drink some bubbly and just enjoy it ;-) Okay…I may be skipping a few steps here. But I promise I’ve hit the most important ones!
XXOO Emilia Jane